The Columbia City Clerk’s Office is accepting applications for boards and commissions. Boards and commissions are a way for residents to be involved in local government and to represent the voices of their fellow community members. Applications must be received by the City Clerk’s Office by 5 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 4. Applications are available on the City’s website at CoMo.gov on the City Council page.
The following are current boards and commissions openings:
• Board of Health
• City of Columbia New Century Fund Inc. Board
• Columbia Sports Commission
• Finance Advisory and Audit Committee
• Firefighters’ Retirement Board
• Growth Impact Study Working Group
• Housing and Community Development Commission
• Human Services Commission
• Mayor’s Council on Physical Fitness and Health
• Personnel Advisory Board
• Police Retirement Board
• Public Transit Advisory Commission
To view a brief description and eligibility requirements, visit CoMo.gov/Council/Vacancies or contact the Clerk’s Office.